It feels good to finally sit down and have a chance to reflect on our recent vacation and our time at home up until now. I am exhausted but right now, it's a good exhaustion even though it's been an eventful week, and not all good. To quickly summarize our first week back at home: Potty training, a busy husband, a fender-bender, a broken garage door, electrical problems and a baseboard heater ripped out from the wall because a certain almost 3 year old decided it was a good idea to stand on it. Need I say more?
On to good things. As I said in my previous entry, we had a great time on our vacation. Here are some photos and descriptions of our first week in Rochester.
Owen, Ana and I flew to Toronto and my parents picked us up there. I will never forget the look on Owen and Ana's faces when they saw their grandparents. Many thanks to my Mom & Dad for picking us up and dropping us off in Toronto. We finally arrived in Rochester sometime after dark, so we settled in for the night, but not before Owen had a chance to play with Grandpa in the basement. The very next day I got to do the very thing I wanted to do most of all: See my nephew and nieces. I can't believe how much they've grown and that day was also Daniel's 8th birthday.
On to good things. As I said in my previous entry, we had a great time on our vacation. Here are some photos and descriptions of our first week in Rochester.
Owen, Ana and I flew to Toronto and my parents picked us up there. I will never forget the look on Owen and Ana's faces when they saw their grandparents. Many thanks to my Mom & Dad for picking us up and dropping us off in Toronto. We finally arrived in Rochester sometime after dark, so we settled in for the night, but not before Owen had a chance to play with Grandpa in the basement. The very next day I got to do the very thing I wanted to do most of all: See my nephew and nieces. I can't believe how much they've grown and that day was also Daniel's 8th birthday.
Daniel at 8 years old!
A few days later, we visited my dear friend Scott and his wife, Jen and their son, Tyler. They have another little Gentzke on the way so congratulations to them! This was their first time meeting Ana. While the kids played, we had a chance to catch up.
Scott & Ana
Ana, Tyler & Owen having a ball!
The Saturday after we arrived, Daniel had his birthday party and that was a lot of fun, especially for Owen. There were plenty of kids there for him to play with and he tried his darndest to keep up with them, even after it got dark. Not just that... there were also plenty of toys, play structures, cake, ice cream, candy and marshmallows. Forget dinner. He wouldn't go near anything remotely healthy or substantial. It was a party... what the heck!
Mairin giving Ana a ride
Owen enjoying the slide
Julea showing off her bike riding skills
Daniel & his Indiana Jones cake
The next day we went swimming! Owen prefered to stay in the kiddie pool, decked out in floaties. I did take him into the pool with me but he liked the smaller pool. Ana loved the water and loved swimming with me. She was a true bathing babe!
Owen staying afloat!
Mom, Ana & Natalie
Think she's got a future as a swimsuit model?
It was a busy week! We were all tired, but happy. We missed Daddy and talked to him via webcam as much as we could. It wasn't the same as him being there, but he's coming on our next trip!
A chance to unwind with Grandma...
... and Grandpa
2 comments:
Cute pictures of your trip. Looks like you had lots of fun!! I am sorry to hear your first week back was so bad, I hope it gets better
I'm glad the kids had so much fun. You can see it in their smiling faces. Your parents look so happy to have them there!
Post a Comment