
Owen and I are managing on our own for the first time here in Vancouver while Chris is in Florida on business. He's been gone so far for 3 full business days and will be coming home tomorrow afternoon. We can't wait. It's been lonely without Chris. Feb. 20th was Chris' birthday, so we had to celebrate before he left on his trip. We went to The Cannery Seafood House... a really nice seafood restaurant located right off the harbor at Burrard Inlet. We could see the water from where we sat, but since it was dark, we couldn't see the view of the North Shore Mountains. Our meal was wonderful and we would've liked to have stayed for dessert, but Owen was getting tired and we needed to get home to put him to bed.
Monday, the first day Chris was gone, it poured all day long, so Owen and I didn't get to do much except stay indoors. We were so tired anyway because we had to get up at 4:30 in the morning to bring Chris to the airport, and I had stayed up late the night before helping Chris get ready for his trip. Tuesday was nice, but cold. We had the chance to go to a little park right in the heart of Newport Village. Owen had a blast on the slides. Today, believe it or not... Owen slept until 10 a.m.!! I actually had to go and wake him up. He's been a real trooper with Daddy gone, but I know he'll be all smiles tomorrow when we pick Daddy up from the airport. We miss him A LOT!!
This weekend, we're going to a birthday party for a little 1 year old girl. I've never met the family but Chris works with the father and they were kind enough to extend us an invitation. Chris has been trying to hook me up with other moms that live in our Port Moody area. My options for meeting moms/kids in our area have gone down to nothing this winter and most likely well into the spring because the Recreation Center, which has been going through renovations has not been completed. It was supposed to be completed early this past fall! Because of that, they've completely eliminated classes and events for newborns through age 3 years old due to space constraints. In the meantime, I've been driving about 25 minutes one way to New Westminster every Monday so Owen can participate in a Motoring Munchkins playgroup. It's a fun time for him but it's hard to meet other moms there because everyone shows up at a different time and rarely do I ever see a familiar face there. I usually arrange it with one or two other EA moms so that we show up at the same time.
In about 2 weeks, we'll find out if Owen is going to have a little brother or sister. We'll keep you posted. Until then, take care!! We miss you!
Love,
Marisa
2 comments:
Have fun at the Birthday Party! I wish we lived closer. Thomas and Owen would have so much fun together.
Miss you, love you.
cant wait to hear what your gonna have!
Hope you are feeling well!
Post a Comment