Monday, November 03, 2008

Happy Halloween 2008

What a week leading up to Halloween! Owen got sick on Monday night - a cough/cold combo and the poor kid was miserable. At least this time he didn't throw up. He had his very first sick day from preschool on Wednesday and on that day, Ana and I both got sick with colds. My biggest concern was for Owen. I wanted him to be well enough to go to school on Friday because I knew it would be a day there that he'd enjoy. Fortunately he did get better and I sent him off to school, costume and all plus a bag of Halloween goodie bags for his classmates. They had a party in the gym at school and apparently, Owen had a great time, as seen on his face when I picked him up in 2 hours time. By then Ana and I were feeling better as well so all of us piled into the car and drove to Chris' office and met him for lunch. It was a lot of fun being at EA during this holiday because a lot of employees were dressed up - some in weird costumes. One "thing" was so strange that Owen could not take his eyes off "it." I say "it" because it was so androgynous, so tall, wearing these ridiculously high heeled platform boots to give it even more height, a skintight red body suit, a wig with some indescribeable headpiece and a white mask completely covering it's face. It was creepy but not in a scary way. We ran into my friend Tricia and her family there and we all sat at one crazy table and tried to eat our lunch. It was a good time. After that, at home while Ana napped, Owen decorated some pumpkins which graced our front door. Chris came home early which was nice and as soon as it got dark, we got the kids dressed and out we went. We trick-or-treated with Mason and his mom, Michelle but Ana was more interested in exerting her freedom and ran wild in the streets. She fell a few times which resulted in her getting wet and a little muddy - remnants of the rain we had earlier in the day which fortunately eased up before we stepped out the door. So while Chris continued going door to door with Owen, Ana and I headed home to get her dried up and doled out treats to anyone who rang our bell. I bought two giant bags of candy, which we ran out of within an hour. Ana helped. I gave out the candy, she said "bye bye" and closed the door. Owen had a great time and came home with a good sized stash. This Halloween went by so fast, but I have the following photos for memory's sake and an enthusiasm for future Halloweens and whatever costumes my kids end up in.
Sick and asleep in his costume a few days before Halloween

Spongebob needed a costume too!

Owen & his Robot Spongebob


Decorating pumpkins


The artist hard at work


An abstract titled "The Pumpkin"


Our front porch


Our ghostly pumpkin


Our pumpkins. The two on the left were done by Owen



On our way to trick-or-treat


















Ana's ruby shoes

3 comments:

Christy Jones said...

so cute!! I love the photos. Anna is getting so big!!

Heather said...

I want a pair of those shoes for me to wear!

Anonymous said...

absolutely adorable pictures. love the pumpkins!!!

ana, you are one styling girl...love the shoes.

owen, what a great idea to have spongebob in the same costume as you ;-)

love you guys, grandmama