Monday, October 27, 2008

Pre-Halloween Festivities

On Sunday we attended 2 Halloween parties. The kids were all decked out and enjoyed themselves. Owen is a Robot this year - his choice. I found a costume for him online and received it a month ago and he's worn that costume just about every day since then! He loves it. Money well spent. Ana is Dorothy. My friend Judy gave her an adorable pair of dazzling ruby shoes and the great idea of her being Dorothy was suggested by my sister, Marybeth and I followed through, thanks to my Mom who helped me get the costume. The shoes are one size too big for Ana but I couldn't resist the Dorothy idea because then the shoes might not fit her next year. She can walk in those very well now so that's not a major concern anymore. She likes to dress up too. And she likes those shoes. If I tell her to go and get her shoes so I can put them on before we go out, she picks the ruby ones out of all the other choices.

Anyway... As I said before, we went to two parties. The first was at our neighbor's and Owen's friend, Mason's house. It was spooktacular! Mason's mom went all out and not only did she decorate the inside with tombstones, bats, ghosts and other Halloween themed decor, she prepared food and treats to match. In addition to a robot and Dorothy, there was a skeleton, a fairy, a monkey, a mouse and three pirates. Mason's mom & dad were all decked out as pirates and they looked great. I'm slowly getting more and more into the Halloween spirit so maybe next year, I'll have mustered up enough courage to dress up myself! I know Owen and Ana would get a kick out of it if I did.

The following are photos from Mason's party:










Right afterwards, we drove out to Stanley Park for EA's annual Halloween party. Sadly we have no photos of that event, even though we brought our camera with us. We got so caught up in seeing friends and co-workers and their cute kids in their cute costumes, it was crowded, and then eventually it was hard to keep the kids together so Chris went off with one and I had the other. They had different sections set up in the Pavillion where kids could play Bingo and win a pumpkin, a magician, a Mad Scientist with a hair raising ball, a play doh section, a wax hand section and other games and art activities. We all had a very nice time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What precious pictures! Owen is the cutest robot I have ever seen...just perfect for him. And Ana as Dorothy -- so sweet...I have always loved Dorothy and her ruby-red shoes but Ana is by far the prettiest Dorothy ever!
What an enjoyable walk through your weekend, Marisa. Thank you for sharing!
Love, Mary Ann

Christy Jones said...

Oh so much fun!! They are so cute, I really love the robot costume. It fits Owens personality. Ana is so big now, she looks so cute as Dorothy! I am glad you had a fun weekend

Anonymous said...

aren't they the cutest most adorable robot and dorothy ever.
love the costumes. owen makes the best robot and ana with those ruby red shoes makes a fabulous dorothy. i must say the shoes remind me of the sparkling silver shoes i gave her a while back. i know how much she enjoyed those ;-)

looks like you all had a super time at mason's halloween party.

love the pictures.

big hugs and kisses, love you lots, grandmama