Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Body Painting

Last week Chris brought home a large poster from work that was going to be tossed. Since the other side was a blank canvas, he thought we could use it for something. He was right! Owen and Ana were very excited about painting on it. Being on the floor, I knew there was absolutely no way I'd be able to keep the mess from getting out of control. My kitchen was a mess and my floor needed to be mopped anyway. The kids were stripped down to their diapers (pull-up in Owen's case) and let loose. The paint was washable and I didn't care what they did as long as they kept it off the walls and in the kitchen. The following pictures show what transpired.

At first they started out painting with feet, hands and paintbrushes.

Owen's footprints.


Ana preferred the paintbrush.

Owen got into full-body painting.

Owen had a blast. The paper was high-quality printing paper, so adding paint onto it made the whole thing slippery. Owen was laughing so hard and enjoying the fun of it all, slips and falls included. Twice though, he fell hard and ended up with tears but then got right back into it.

More of Owen's footprints.



Owen and Ana's artistic contributions.


By now almost the entire paper was covered.

Owen's body was also his canvas.



Where they ended up when it was all over.
I hadn't laughed so hard in so long until this. I enjoyed this experience as much as they did and we are all looking forward to the next roll of paper Daddy brings home!

4 comments:

Christy Jones said...

Cute, you are such an awsome mom!! Its hard for me to do that kind of stuff because I don't like to clean up the mess. I love,love the pictures. Owen has gotten so tall. He is almost all legs now, and little Ana is such a little girl. We miss you!! I hope all is well.

Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness!
How sensational... how I love it...how adorable are your children!?! Give them so many hugs, you could just eat them up!
Love, Mary Ann

Eli said...

Marisa -

That looks like so much fun! What a brilliant idea!!

Eli

Anonymous said...

That is AWSOME! It was really great of you not to care that they were making a HUGE mess. They are both so cute and obviously artistic. Thanks for the pictures!

Love Lots,
Aunt Sara &
Uncle John