Saturday, March 07, 2009

Eastward Bound & Some Updates

Hello Everyone. It's been a while, I know. I am amazed at how much busier life feels since Owen started preschool. He only goes in on Monday, Wednesday and Friday for 2 hours in the morning but those days seem crazier than our more laid-back Tuesdays and Thursdays. While on the subject of preschool, Owen is doing really well and thriving in that environment. We usually have no problems getting him up and ready on those days. I'm very lucky in that. He also likes his teachers and they have commented to me on how much he's opened up in the time he's been there. I get the vague impression that they really means he talks a lot. I'm not going to dispute that.

We can't forget Ana. She's 19 months old as I write this. I remember when Owen was that age, he was like a little man. He had already had several hair cuts and looked more like a toddler/boy/little man than a baby but not Ana. She still has some of that baby look to her and the fact that she hasn't had her hair cut yet and still has some baby fat helps. She's talking, sometimes as much as Owen! She's got a pouty face that just makes me laugh.

Maybe you'll get to see Ana's pouty face because we're heading out to Rochester, NY on March 13th. I am very much looking forward to it. So much that things feel a little anxious and tense here at home. I remember those same feelings in the past just before our visits east. I know its just the anxiousness and just not being able to wait to get going. Owen is excited about the trip. I've been talking to him about getting on the plane to go and visit grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and friends. We will be in Rochester for one week. Then Chris will fly out and catch up with us and we'll all drive up to Middlebury, VT where we'll spend the next two weeks, save for a couple of days in Stowe, VT for Sara's wedding, before driving back to Rochester for our flight back home on April 3.

Owen is looking forward to seeing, and playing with his cousins, Daniel, Julea, Mairin and Natalie. I too, am looking forward to seeing them and how much they've grown. I wish I were staying longer than a week.

Owen and Ana are in Aunt Sara's wedding. That will be interesting to see! We will officially be adding an uncle and brother-in-law to our family, even though Owen has been calling John, "Uncle John" since the day we met him. Welcome Uncle John! We will also be spending time with Great Grandma and Great Grandpa who have been dealing with health challenges and are the strongest people I know. We look forward to visiting with them.

This is about all I can write for now. Owen and Ana are adamant about me playing with them instead. So, until our next post, or until we see you, take care!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

marisa, chris, ana and owen....we are all soooo excited that you will be visiting us. how lovely it will be to have you visit for two weeks. the family has not seen chris for two years...so you can well imagine how excited we all are.

great-grandma/pa will also welcome the visit big time. it's been too long.

get ready for lots of hugs.....

love to all, and a safe journey to rochester, ny

lots of love, elsie/grandmama/mom

oxoxoxoox

Anonymous said...

YAY! We are so excited too! We are so excited to have them in our wedding. We cannot wait to see the kids all dressed up and walking down the aisle.

Thank you so much for the welcoming words about John. We really apreciate it.

We love you and can't wait to see you.

Aunt Sara and Uncle John