... it's been SO long since I last blogged! I signed on and expected to see something much more recent than my last post! The Vancouver Olympics! That was ages ago!
I can't believe nobody complained! Seriously though, I am grateful for your patience. It has been busy. After the Olympics, the kids were involved in a few activities and then before I knew it, we were on a plane heading East for our summer vacation. After that, we had just a few short weeks before the kids started school, and now, Owen turns FIVE tomorrow! Unbelieveable.
My days are with the kids. Putting them to bed is usually a challenge. Sometimes at night I take on a freelance project and that keeps me up late. Then I go to bed and start all over again. I have very little time to spend on anything else, let alone, this blog. I'm hoping that Blogger's new changes will be easier and less time consuming to post new entries.
Most of you got pretty caught up when we were in town over the summer. It was just amazing to be able to see the people we saw, to catch up and to just hang out with. The kids had a great time and even though Ana was usually in one of her moods, she's looking forward to getting on the plane again to see her relatives. I know some of you don't believe me (my mother, for instance) but every time she looks up in the sky and sees a plane, she points to it and says that there are people in that plane who are going to Grandma's house and that she wants to get on a plane and go to Grandma's house too.
The kids are doing great in school. Owen is really enjoying Kindergarten and I have daily conversations with him about his day in school... something he never did while he was in preschool. It shows me that he's engaged and paying attention. His favorite days are Wednesdays (library day) and Fridays (computer day). He's currently into reading Mo Willems' pigeon books and spent time this afternoon reading "Don't Let the Pigeon Stay Up Late" to Grandpa via webcam. Ana is really enjoying preschool. I was fully prepared to deal with her having separation issues, but she's handled this transition amazingly well. Her first day was a bit iffy, but after day two, she's been happy to go. She spends her time playing with the classroom's dinosaur toys and pretending to be a cat.
There's more going on but I'm hoping that my blog comeback will motivate me to post more consistently! I'll try not to let so much time go by in between, but... no guarantees!
No comments:
Post a Comment