Friday, January 14, 2011

For Sale


We put our townhome up for sale earlier this week, even though we don't know where our next home will be. Chris is still working hard on his job search. If we end up selling our home before something comes through, we won't exactly be homeless. Both friends and family have opened their homes to us, and for that, we are eternally grateful.

Our agent's name is Cort and we've known him for 3 years. We met him at one of his open houses way back when we were considering a larger home in Vancouver and took an instant liking to him. He used to be an airline pilot for Air Canada and even looks a little like Chesley B. "Sully" Sullenberger, the pilot that landed his plane in the Hudson River.

He came by with a photographer this week and these are the photos of our home they took, and posted online. I don't think I've ever gone out of my way to take photos of each room in this house, even though I always intended to. Well, someone else did the work for me and did them better than I ever could. For those of you who've never visted our home here, this is what our house looks like:
Kitchen/eat-in area
Eat-in area with door to back yard
Dining room
Dining room/living room (you can't see it, but there are french doors here where this photo was taken)
Living room
Master bedroom
Master bathroom
Master bathroom
Office/guest room (this room went through the biggest transformation during our pre-sale preparation. The shelves you see here used to be in the closet that's in this room and in it's place used to be two large white desks which we sold, several computers, a TV, 3 chairs and who knows what else. It used to be STUFFED to the max! We toyed with the idea of making this Ana's bedroom but the stager said it would serve just as well to show it as a dual purpose room)
Kids' bedroom
Guest/kids' bathroom
Downstairs powder room
Back of our house 
Greenbelt (we'd see the occasional bear, coyote, a wolf once, lots of deer and more than a few stray dogs)
The entrance to our complex
The kids are doing well. We've been talking to them about what to expect. Ana really isn't showing any interest or concern in this process, but Owen, the other day he told our neighbor, Leona, "I don't have too long in this world." What 5 year old kid says that?? Apparently mine does. He knows our time in Vancouver is limited unless a local job comes through for Chris. There's been some good interest in our home and as I write this, we've had 2 showings already, one more this evening, three tomorrow and then an open house on Sunday.

Wish us luck!

2 comments:

Donna said...

Your home is beautiful! Hope you find a new home soon to make more memories in...
Hugs from Vermont,
Donna

Christy Jones said...

you did a great job of stadgeing it! I really love all your paint colors. I really hope things work out for you!