Friday, January 28, 2011

A Loose Discovery

This afternoon we had an inspection at our place so the kids and I needed to make ourselves scarce. Chris had a lunch meeting and the kids and I took an unhurried trip to the mall. It was raining and cold so not much fun to be had outdoors in this weather. Besides, Owen has a birthday party to go to on Sunday and then both kids were invited to another party next weekend. We had to buy some birthday gifts.

We took our time. I let the kids have some fruit smoothies and then later, chocolate dipped ice cream cones!  Of course, they ate a good lunch before we left for the mall! While Owen was enjoying his ice cream, I noticed a tooth on his lower jaw appeared to have shifted. Upon a closer look and some poking and prodding, I discovered the tooth was loose!

He couldn't wait to tell Daddy, who later met up with us at the mall since we couldn't go home yet. I admitted I teared up after this discovery. My little boy is growing up too fast! I got teased a little and Owen told me not to worry. "Don't worry, Mommy. When I grow big, I'll be a daddy and give you a baby to hold."

He's one excited kid and already making purchase plans with his tooth fairy loot!

Ohh... and another thing. I've been making the kids chocolate milk from a mix. With all the cleaning I've had to do in order to keep the home looking nice for showings and open houses and inspections and all that, I've gotten lazy about using silverware and not wanting to wash them. So, what I've been doing is pouring the powder into the milk, putting a lid on the cups and shaking the milk to mix it all together, rather than stirring with a spoon. This morning, Owen came up to me with a request, "Chocolate milk please. Shaken, not stirred."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

such a beautiful story.....owen you are just perfect and so dear....love you all soooo much.