Sunday, February 06, 2011

SOLD!

Last Sunday, it became official. Our home sold to a young, engaged couple. It's a bit of a relief to have this off our shoulders, but with it comes a whole other set of challenges. Moving. We have to be out of here by the end of February. Not much time, is it? And where to?

We will miss this house and Vancouver too. I'm going to miss the view of Mt. Baker driving down Mountainside. Zoey will miss the park and the woods behind our house where she could roam off-leash to her heart's content (or till I froze my toes off and/or got soaked). I will miss the spring season here with the trees blossoming and the vibrant, explosive rhododendrons. I've enjoyed the water and ocean views on our drives to and from downtown Vancouver. The kids will miss Rocky Point Park and eating wild salmonberries and blackberries when they're in season. Chris and I will miss the top-notch sushi we've enjoyed eating.  I will sorely miss my neighbors, Michelle, Tyson, their son, Mason, Leona, Clint, their daughters Sophie and Simone and of course, Joanne (or Joyanne as my kids call her) and her dog, Mimi. I will sadly miss my friend, Kim, her husband, David and kids, Alex and Tyler. I have enjoyed the company of every single one of them, getting to know them. Their time with my kids, our playdates and such have been lifesavers, sanity savers and just good, enjoyable company. If y'all are reading this, thank you for everything. You'll never be forgotten!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, it's me Mary Ann (Elsie's friend) in Vermont.
I cannot wait to see what new adventures this latest update will bring to your sweet family. Please, let us know so we can follow along with you. And, oh, how beautiful Owen and Ana are! Maybe, I'll even get the chance to see you again soon. I'm sending you the best of luck, good thoughts, and happy love as you venture in a new direction.
xo, Mary Ann