Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Finally... A Nice Day

Hello Everyone,

It's been a while. After the holidays, things went into a bit of a lull, with nothing much happening. The weather has been pretty miserable and cold for the last few months. Staying indoors has been the easy choice, venturing out only for errands. Why waste gas? Owen managed to stay productive indoors. You should see my living room. Toys everywhere! I don't put much effort in putting his toys away because he just trashes the room again anyway! I do it once in a while just so I can say I cleaned the room even though I've nothing to show for it. Oh well.

Today we finally had a nice day. Blue skies, sunshine. I almost forgot what that looked like. It was about 51 degrees outside, so we still had to bundle up some. Owen, Zoey and I went to the park. Zoey, tied to a park bench, basked in the sun while I chased Owen around. He showed interest in the swings, not to ride on, but to push. He went down the slide a few times and enjoyed the teeter-totter for a few minutes, but mostly it was the walking around he wanted to do. He burnt off a lot of energy at the park today because when we got home just before dinner, I had a hard time keeping him awake until after he ate. He never did end up falling asleep then. Chris came home from work and Owen perked right up.

Of course, now that it's actually bedtime for him, he's awake. You would think that with being so tired, he'd zonk right out. Not Owen. He fights sleep every step of the way.

Other than the above, things are well. Chris says "Hello!"

Love,
Marisa

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hopefully the weather will cooperate and you'll have more nice days to play at the park!