Sunday, January 28, 2007

Girl's Night Out

I had a girl's night out with my friend Christy while Chris stayed home with Owen. We had a really nice time. We went to a dessert place called Death By Chocolate. I didn't die, obviously, or I wouldn't be here writing this blog. But I did come close to heaven over a piece of chocolate cake smothered with warm fudge! It was really good. We looked over the menu for what seemed a good half hour, 45 minutes because we couldn't decide what we wanted! We will definitely go back some other time in the near future.

I really enjoy my time as a mom with Owen, but it was good to just get outside the house for a bit on my own and have a girly/adult conversation with someone else! I told Chris I'd be only a couple of hours, but time sort of disappeared while I was out and didn't get home until three and a half hours later!!

It was another good day outside. We got a bit of a late start because Owen and I had a nice nap together on the couch before venturing out. We all went to Newport Village with the intention of walking around, but we spent most of our time inside a little toy store where Owen sort of attached himself to a Thomas the Train table complete with a working train set. Then we had dinner at a nearby restaurant before heading home.

Below are some updated photos of Owen. He's such a little man!!

Love,
Marisa

No comments: