Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Thank You

The response to Ana's birth has been overwhelming! Thank you all for your well-wishes and congratulations. It makes me feel a little closer to home, but doesn't make me miss all of you any less! I cannot wait until we take our trip East to show our kids off. Owen has grown so much and Ana is quickly following suit. Though she's only been here a week and a half, changes are evident!

I'm trying to take it easy! I think I'm doing ok in that area. Ana sleeps so much during the day, waking only for feedings. But in the evening she tends to wake up and stay awake for a few hours. Thereafter for the rest of the night until early morning, she wakes up every 2 hours or so. That she's such a day sleeper helps with regards to Owen in that there's not much competition for Mommy's attention. Owen is doing well. He has his moments, as expected. I've been letting him watch more TV than usual and when Ana is in her swing, Owen likes to rest his hand on her head while he watches one of his favorite programs. It's really endearing. He likes giving her kisses and pointing out her various body parts. I do have to remind him to be gentle, but overall, he's taking it in stride as best as he can. I do devote some time entirely to him and I know he appreciates that. He might not be able to tell me that, but a smile and a hug from him speaks volumes.

My mom has been amazing. I feel guilty that she's been doing so much in helping me out. I am happy though, that daily I seem to be feeling more and more myself and of course, pitching in more, when I can. She's been so patient in dealing with Owen and all of our quirks. It's hard to believe that she's leaving on Sunday morning. I'm not ready for her to leave yet... for entirely selfish reasons, of course because I know I won't see her or anyone else in my family for months to come. It's hard to raise your kids so far from family and friends. My kids are very lucky to have others outside of Mom and Dad who love them so much. I just wish they had the benefit of being closer to experience that love.

While my mom is soon homeward bound, Chris and I are very much looking forward to his parents coming up. They are arriving on Aug. 14th. It will be so exciting to show off our babies! Like he did with Grandma M, the first few days he won't leave them alone. After that, it's back to wanting Mommy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's always a gift when grandparents can spend time with their grandchildren. i know we are looking forward to meeting ana, seeing owen and having a chance to chat with you and chris. it's been too long. however, we count ourselves lucky to have the time together when possibly.

marisa i have a surprise for you - we are arriving on the 13th of august not the 14th. in fact, i am counting the hours at this point.

wishing your mom a safe journey back home. once home - she will have lots of stories to share with the family for sure ;-)

can't wait to see you all. lots of love, elsie and rick

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! Elsie & Rick!

Enjoy every single precious moment.
I can't wait to see pictures!
Happy Grandchildren Moments and Memories, Mary Ann

Sooo glad to hear that you are all doing well.