She's finally here!!
The way she came about though, I was not expecting. It just goes to show that having kids does keep you on your toes!
July 31st, 2007 at 11:45 pm via c-section and weighed in at 7lbs 3oz.
July 31st, 2007 at 11:45 pm via c-section and weighed in at 7lbs 3oz.
Despite both of us having gone through the wringer, we are doing well. I got sent to the hospital on July 31 because Ana wasn't moving as much as she should have. I had a non-stress test and while her heart rate was good, she barely moved at all and the doctor recommended that I be induced. So, I checked in at the hospital at 9:30 pm. When I was further examined then by the doctor it was discovered that Ana was going through face first instead if head first and with contractions, her heart rate was dipping so they had to perform an emergency c-section to get her out. Good thing too, because the umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck 3 times! We are home now and glad to be! Owen is doing well and we wouldn't have been able to do this without Grandma M. and a very wonderful neighbor, Joanne, who has been kind enough to help out my mother.

We've been home since yesterday afternoon and recovery, while it's going, is harder than I thought it would be. I can tell you that, although Ana is slightly jaundiced, she's doing much better than I am! I had hoped to have photos up and running yesterday but even that turned out to be too ambitious for me! I just couldn't wait to introduce Ana to the world... to my family and friends!
Love,
Love,
Marisa
6 comments:
She is goregeous! Take care of yourself and be sure to take the good painkillers they sent home with you. Don't over do it and rest. I know you probably want to feel as normal as soon as possible, but take it easy. Trust me, after 2 c-sections, I know!
I am so happy for you and Chris and Owen!
I love you!
congratulations to all!! ;-) marisa please take heather's advice - she knows what she is talking about for sure. rest is the key word. i am so proud of you and chris.
ana is absolutely beautiful! she has the most beautiful face. she reminds a little of owen. i can't wait to hold her and tell how much i love her already. owen looks like a happy and proud big brother.
you are a perfect and loving little family.
love you all a ton, elsie aka grandmamma Q ;-)
p.s. see you in a week!
We are just home from a wedding in New Jersey and lo and behold Ana arrived while we were gone! She is so sweet and beautiful. How wonderful for all of you. Owen will be the BEST big brother! I can hardly wait to hear all of Grandmamma Q's stories when we go back to school! Take good care of each other.
Love, Mary Ann D.
beautiful! Congratulations! you look so great Marisa! rest up....and enjoy these early days!
Life is wonderful! Congratulations! Ana is a beautiful name for a precious and thankfully healthy little girl. You've got a wonderful family Marisa.
Lisa
Congratulations, So happy to see Ana, she's beautiful!! And Owen has grown to be such a big boy. I've been talking with Grandmamma Q and she is filling us in on all the news. Lots of love to you all! Sarah & Art
Post a Comment