Wednesday, August 22, 2007

My First Day Alone With 2 Kids

Just a few more hours until Chris comes home from work and so far, so good (knock on wood).

Grandpa Q left on Sunday night and Grandmama Q left super early this morning. It was wonderful having them here and I will miss their help as well as that of my own mother's. They were so helpful especially where Owen was concerned. I was worried about today but Owen surprised me. The morning was rough... Ana cried and Owen needed breakfast. Who to serve first? I opted to let Ana cry for the time it took me to get Owen settled in with breakfast and while he ate, I nursed my little girl. After that, it was pretty much smooth sailing. I even got to shower at 10:30 this morning!! Then later this afternoon, Owen even waited patiently on our bed while I worked hard to get Ana asleep. When I finally did, he was happy to snuggle up to me and fall asleep for a good 3 hour nap! I slept for one hour and then it was up to change and feed Ana.

I only hope tomorrow and Friday go just as well. Then Chris will officially be on maternity leave! I can't wait and I know Owen, if he were old enough to understand, would be looking forward to Daddy's time off as well.

1 comment:

Heather said...

That's wonderful that Chris is spending time to help! How long does he get? It was scary the first time I was left home alone with both kids, but as we know, we eventually find our groove and figure it all out. Trial and Error!