Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The Pumpkin Patch and Finally, A Nice Day!





Oct. 23, 2007: After days and days of rain we finally got a nice day and in the low 70's too! I did not want to let this precious day go to waste so after a little research and some help from my friend Christy, found a pumpkin patch nearby that we could bring our kids to. We met up at the Laity Farm in Maple Ridge, about 20 minutes from my house. It was so muddy, from all the rain of course, but rubber boots are a good investment for those of us who live here! Owen discovered the joys of puddle jumping and I let him have his day in the mud... so to speak. There was one puddle that went up to his knees (so much for the boots!) and I kind of freaked out a little because I was worried that his footwear would get stuck in the muck and come off. Other than that, he had a good time. He loves to hang out with Christy and her three kids. They went through a corn maze, saw some farm animals, went inside a teepee, panned for gold, walked through a fairytale forest and ran around the pumpkin patch. I did try to get Owen to sit still for some photos, but that didn't go too well. I couldn't blame him. There was so much to do there and he wanted to do it all. Ana enjoyed herself too. She was so good and awake for most of the time until the last half hour/45 minutes. She got tired of the stroller and wanted to be held so I strapped her to my chest and she calmed down. We ended the day with dinner out at Red Robin. I'm so glad I had an extra pair of pants in the car for Owen! He needed clean, dry socks as well but I didn't have those, so I hung his used socks on the vents and ran the heat with the windows open. They were, for the most part, dry by the time we got to the restaurant - thanks to the traffic that prolonged our travel time.
I loved today! It was so nice to get out of the house, spend time with a friend and let Owen enjoy himself doing things he doesn't normally get to do! Let's hope my day continues with a good night and a good sleep!
Love,
Marisa

No comments: