Saturday, December 08, 2007

Some ME Time

The last time I did anything for myself was when my mom treated me to a facial a few days before Ana was born. Today I went to get my hair cut. It was an hour with no kids and in that hour, I dropped those last few baby pounds. Almost. But seriously... the amount of hair I got cut off was about the size of my dog! I had no idea I had that much hair but then again, this is the most drastic cut I've had in... well... since my horrific chin length bob in high school!
It was crazy on my part to entrust a stylist I've never met before to take it this far. It'll take some getting used to, but I do feel lighter. I think I like it but we'll see in a few days when I have to wash and style it on my own for the first time.

4 comments:

Heather said...

I LOVE IT! I liked your chin length bob when we were kids! I had SIX hours to myself today. I fully understand how great that feels.
Not much longer until you go home! I wish we could get together and have our families meet.

Marisa said...

6 hours??? How is that possible??
I wish we could get together too. I just know our kids would get along great since both our boys and girls are close in age!!

Anonymous said...

marisa i like your haircut. it looks beautiful. u deserve to have some time to yourself.

i will make certain that u have some free time when u get here. can't wait.

love, elsie

Anonymous said...

WOWWWWWWWWWWW...is that ewe??? it's me Joanne..your neighborxoxo..and i hardly recognize you..You lost more than 'baby weight'...you look like a teenager:):):) and that's always good for post-partum life..even if it's just parting your hair differently. see you soon..give the litte sweethearts a hug for me.xoxo j