Sunday, December 02, 2007

Winter Fun!

We got snow this weekend. Lots of it. We woke up Saturday morning and our whole world was white! The snowflakes were huge... the size of Loonies and Toonies practically. Zoey, our dog, loves the snow and was happy as can be when I let her out in the morning. Owen was mesmerized for a few minutes and then wanted to go outside but I couldn't let him out because he didn't have snow boots that fit him. Saturday, some friends of ours invited us to tag along and attend a parade in their town so on our way there, we stopped to buy Owen some new boots. It was so cold! But we stuck it out as long as Ana would let us. Owen enjoyed his first parade and the various clowns and people that were walking along the sidelines passing out candy. Ana was bundled up quite nicely in her stroller but we had no way of knowing how comfortable she was. When she started to cry a few times we thought she was either cold or hungry so we trudged (all uphill!!) back to our car and went home. Turns out she wasn't hungry or all that cold, but she did have some pretty bad diaper spillage that required a bath. The plan was to try and stay till the end of the parade and then go back to Tricia & Justin's house (and kids, Jayna, Jacob & Aliza) for hot chocolate. I would've loved to have socialized some more but I'm glad we found Ana's diaper situation in our own home because I didn't have extra clothes on hand for her. All the walking we did yesterday tuckered Owen out pretty good! I think he had a good night's sleep.

Then today - Sunday... more snow! I would say about 7 inches or so. And perfect for making a snowman! Owen and I bundled up and took Zoey for a walk and then made a Owen-sized snowman. I did all the work of course, but Owen helped me pat the snowman down and stick in the arms. In all... we had a pretty good weekend and I'm so glad that I could go out and have fun with my son instead of say... having to shovel the driveway!

I hope all is well with our blog readers. Some of you, we'll be seeing soon! I can't wait.



Love,


Marisa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

owen, i just love your little snowboy. hopefully we will have lots of snow when u make your way safely to vermont. Auntie liza, auntie sara, grandpa and i will keep u nice and busy in the snow. we will create all kinds of fun creatures and fairies in the snow.

i love you so much and can't wait to see you.

love you lots, grandmama Q

Heather said...

Yeah snow! We won't get any here for quite awhile I'm sure.
I'm glad you all had such a good time. Both kids are such cuties!