Sunday, August 10, 2008

An Afternoon at the Beach

I decided that we needed to do something slightly different. Owen likes it. Ana likes it. But... I get tired of going to the many parks and playgrounds that are available nearby. I would say we go 3 to 4 times a week, not including the weekends. That's if the weather is nice. So, on Thursday, I braved up and decided to take a chance and go to the beach, just me and the kids. I would rather go with another adult just for the saftey of having another pair of watchful eyes. But I needed a change so I packed up the car with beach gear and toys and ventured out to the beach at Old Orchard Park. First we played at the playground and then we made our way down to the water. Owen wouldn't let me put his bathing suit on, but I was ok with that. At first, he walked around, collecting rocks and shells. Then he started to throw his stash into the water one by one. Holding Ana, I walked into the water and Owen followed and once in, I could NOT get him out! He kept venturing farther and farther, delighting in the rising water and the little waves that came by. I wouldn't let him go too far and he was pretty good at listening to me. He jumped, ran, and splashed. The water was pretty cold, but it was refreshing. Ana dipped her feet in there too but wasn't as delighted as Owen was. We pulled out the beach toys and dug holes in the sand, filled the holes with water and threw rocks in them. It was time well spent and definitely something to do again another day.


3 comments:

Heather said...

Good for you Marisa! The kids look like they had a wonderful time.

Anonymous said...

owen and ana look like they are having so much fun -- especially owen. the beach is a fun change of pace. owen is so silly. i can't wait to get to play with the two of them!

Anonymous said...

you always amazing marisa. you are indeed an awesome mom.

ana and owen look like they had a perfect day at the beach.

they are beautiful children...aren't they? ;-)

love you lots, elsie