This has been a rough week for me! After Owen got his shots on Monday, he went to bed and slept soundly from about 8:30p.m. until 12:30a.m. From then on he was a lousy sleeper and kept me up all night! So Tuesday I was pretty much a walking zombie. It's amazing how quickly you can get used to it when baby is FINALLY sleeping through the night.
Then... Wednesday morning. I was looking forward to it because Owen had a play date with an adorably cute little girl named Alex who is exactly 1 day older than he is. Before his date, I was running around his room trying to catch him so I could get him changed and dressed. I swooped (pregnant women should NOT swoop!)down to catch him and tore just about every single muscle in my back. Oh *BLEEP* it hurt!! Every breath I took felt like my last, painful breath. I couldn't turn my head over my shoulders or look down without inflicting excruciating pain. I couldn't even lift my son! I gritted my teeth and somehow managed to get him ready but it took forever. I probably should've cancelled the play date but I was looking forward to it and I knew Owen would enjoy himself. And, he did. I enjoyed the adult conversation I had with Kim, Alex's mom. By the time we got home, Owen was pretty much tuckered out, which was a relief for me because I could relax and rest. I couldn't do that. I couldn't get comfortable. The two hours I was inactive while Owen was napping actually made the pain worse.
Fast forward to Thursday. I got no sleep the night before. I could not get comfortable. Tylenol was no help at all. And get this... I had to babysit two boys (older than Owen) at my house so their mom could take their dad to the hospital for some tests. My back didn't feel much better than the day before. Fortunately... the boys were great and they kept Owen occupied enough that he had no interest in bugging me for a ride on the Mommy Express. Being active did help take my mind off my discomfort and helped keep me from getting too stiff. Unfortunately in the evening when Chris came home, it all caught back up with me.
It's now Friday afternoon. Owen's napping and I can say that I feel a lot better. Not great, but at least the pain is cut down by about 50%. It's a relief. Chris has been great through this, getting me dinner and all that so I don't have to shop or cook, handling Owen when he's home during the evenings and all that.
I'm looking forward to the weekend. Hopefully by the time it's up, I'll have fully recovered. We don't have much planned except maybe a dinner or lunch out somewhere.
Owen is waking up. It's time for me to post this and be on my way.
Love,
Marisa
1 comment:
Be Careful!!!!!! I threw out my back in my 1st trimester lifting Thomas one day. It took about 3 days to feel normal. Hopefully you'll feel better over the weekend!
Post a Comment