Today Owen and I went to the zoo with another mom, Christy, and her three kids, Aaron, Alton and Kara. It was hot & sunny... not a cloud in the sky. I'm getting the hang of leaving things in the car... necessities such as diapers, a change of clothes, bugspray and SUNSCREEN. Anyway... Owen enjoyed his trip to the zoo. Both of us got to see giraffes for the first time. We saw lions, tigers and a black bear, but this black bear wasn't black. It was an albino black bear with RED eyes!! I wanted to take more photos of Owen with the animals, but I had to keep him in his stroller as it was easier on me to do that. Christy and her kids didn't catch up with us until a little while later due to traffic issues and I was hoping that if and when they arrived, that Owen could be a little more independently mobile, but instead, he dozed off for a nap in the stroller. Oh well. After a nice stroll around we all cooled off a little with ice cream and popsicles before heading home.
I'm exhausted! I left my house at 9:30 this morning and didn't come home until 5 pm! Getting to the zoo was a challenge because of bad traffic due to a horrible accident. An 18-wheeler truck either caught fire or exploded. I got to see the horrific damage... the cab of the truck and half the flatbed was completely melted and burned down. I pray that there was no one in there when it happened. We were stuck in traffic for 2 hours. It was only supposed to take us 30 to 45 minutes to get to the zoo. I contemplated turning around and giving up on the zoo, but there was nowhere for me to turn around as traffic was affected in both directions for miles and miles. I'm glad I stuck it out though. It was worth it for Owen. We were nervous about heading home, but thankfully it all cleared up by that time. I was so relieved to be home!! I celebrated with a cool shower.
By the way... Happy 4th of July!
Love,
Marisa
2 comments:
I have never seen a more beautiful boy with such wonderful parents!
Love, Mary Ann D.
P.S. I can't wait to see picture of Grandma Q, and All of you with Baby Ana. Wishing you sooo much love and best wishes as the time comes nearer and nearer!
a thousand hugs and kisses owen. you are absolutely adorable.
i can tell you had fun because you look a little tired.
mom knows how to show you a good time.
love you lots, grandma q
Post a Comment