Saturday, February 09, 2008
Ahhh... Sleep
I love sleep. I don't know why I fight it as often as I do. Perhaps its the messy house or that I need some "me" time without the kids involved that prevent me from sleeping whenever I can. Just as nice as it is to slip onto a comfortable bed and soft pillow and falling asleep, sleeping in is a long awaited wish come true for me. I called "dibs" on Saturday morning. Rather than me getting up at the crack of dawn with the kids and staying up, Chris did it. I slept until 11:30 but not straight through. Ana needed to be nursed a few times and there was that little hiccup where Daddy fell asleep on the couch downstairs and Owen came looking for me and woke me up. I don't blame Chris for falling asleep. It takes effort and I've been known to doze off here and there, especially with Owen curled up quietly beside me like he did with Chris this morning. Granted, there is no way I can make up for two years of sleep deprivation in one night, but I am definitely going to do this again!
2 comments:
yeah for you marisa!!!! you actually got to sleep in. i know how you were looking forward to this. you should think about giving yourself permission to do this again. the good lord knows you deserve it.
and chris, good job!!!! you are a good man. keep up the good work.
my love to all, elsie/mom/grandmama
xoxoxoxo
Gotta love those few stolen moments of sleep. They are so few and far between. That was so nice of Chris to take over for a few hours and let you rest!
Post a Comment