Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Cookie Fun


We decorated Valentine's Day cookies today. I think Owen had a good time. After I showed him what to do, and tried numerous times to keep him from eating the candy decorations and frosting, he got the idea. The first one, I helped him with. The second one he did all by himself and was proud of it. The third one was a complete mess with licked fingerprints in the frosting. Those three are Owen's cookies. After the third one he tried to get his fingers on the others and at one point, got a candy heart off one cookie, put it in his mouth, then took it out again and redecorated that cookie. I let him eat that one. He also ate the little sprinkle balls that made it onto the plate instead of the cookie. Then when I was done frosting all the cookies, he got his hands into what was left over in the bowl. Oh boy. That was his dinner. Cookies, cinnamon hearts and about 4 cups of sugar all washed down with a glass of milk.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ay ay ay. now that is my kind of cookie decorating! i wish i had been there to help owen lick the beaters! hehe.

liza

Anonymous said...

my sweet owen, the valentine cookies look soooooo good i can almost taste them. i bet daddy and mommy loved your cookies. you look like a professional baker.

happy valentines's day to one-and-all!!!

marisa, chris, owen and ana may your day be extra special.

many hugs and kisses. love to all, grandmamma/mom/elsie

Heather said...

Yum. Isn't it nice how we've relaxed a little bit and let them have some fun and some sugar? All T. had to eat today was sugar. I brought his class cupcakes and frosting and all kinds of decorations for them. Do you know how surreal it feels to bring cupcakes to my kid's class? I'm a freakin' mom now! Wow!

Tricia said...

OWEN is soooooo cute!

Anonymous said...

oops...i did it again....too many s in valentine's ....i need to slow down when typing.

love you all, elsie