On March 13, 2009, Owen, Ana and I flew to Rochester to start off our 3 week vacation there and in Vermont for Sara & John's wedding.
The flight to Rochester was a good one. Long but at least with me traveling alone with two kids, it was quite manageable. Our first flight to Chicago was a cramped one and Owen had a little meltdown in the beginning when he realized he couldn't have the window seat. Ana wasn't crazy about being forced to sit on my lap upon takeoff but that's when the Tootsie Pops came in handy! They both slept a bit later on in the flight, but not for long. Maybe an hour at the most. I had my hands full trying to keep them entertained, especially since neither of them liked the new toys and games I got to keep them occupied. The flight from Chicago to Rochester was great. We had a whole row to ourselves and more room. The kids were happier and Ana got to sit in her own seat. Owen enjoyed his view from the window and was chatty with a few of the passengers sitting behind us. There were a few fights that broke out between Owen and Ana but for the most part, they were excellent. The passengers behind us were three older men traveling together. They liked Owen so much and enjoyed their conversations with him that one of them gave Owen a $10 bill! It was very sweet of them but I whispered in Owen's ear and told him that he couldn't accept that $10 bill, to give it back to the gentleman and say "Thank you, but I can't take this." He did just that, but he also put his own spin on it and said, "Thank you, but Mommy says I can't accept this and she says I have to give it back." Way to make me the bad gal, but I'm proud of my little guy. The man reluctantly took it back. The highlight of that day was finally seeing Grandma and Grandpa waiting for us at the airport! As soon as Owen saw them, he took off and ran straight for them while I stayed behind with Ana and patiently waited for her to catch up.
We stayed in Rochester for a week, then Chris caught up with the rest of us and we picked him up at the airport. Before that, Owen, Ana and I had a nice time catching up with relatives and a few friends.
The following photos depict some of our Rochester adventures:
So happy to see Grandma!
Playing ball at Grandma & Grandpa's house.
Playtime with Aunt Fannie. Here they're playing with a picnic basket filled with play food.
We also got to see Uncle Gene and Aunt Francis there as well.
Ana loves her cousin, Daniel! He was a good sport for putting up with her, and let's not forget, Owen! Thanks Daniel! You're the best!
One of our stops was at the Motherhouse to see Auntie Concetta and Auntie Ann Regina... and cookies!
The last time I saw Erin was when Owen was just a baby - almost 4 years ago, so it was so nice to catch up with her and her husband, Mike and meet their beautiful daughter, Emma! Erin and I have known each other since Kindergarten. We also met up with my friend Scott, his wife Jen and their two kids, Tyler and their newest addition born on Christmas Eve '08, Zoe.
We spent some time catching up with Auntie Cora Marie. And filled up on more cookies!
We visited with Uncle Pete and Aunt Rosemary. Uncle Pete was one of the kids, wrestling and having a great time! On a separate day we got to meet Aviana, my cousin Diane's beautiful grandaughter.
The kids at Build-A-Bear at Eastview Mall. Julea, Mairin and Natalie invited Owen and Ana to celebrate their Dec. 18 birthday in March. Because the girls' birthday was so close to Christmas, they put off having a party with their friends until then. The kids had a great time and Grandma enjoyed helping Ana build up her bear.
Ana overcome with glee. She loved those birthday candles!
We were able to celebrate Grandpa's birthday before flying back to Vancouver.
Owen having a moment with Aunt Marybeth.
No comments:
Post a Comment