Hello...
We went to Bellingham, Washington yesterday. I have to say, that it was nice to go where the posted speed limit was in MPH and not KPH! The speed limit on I-5 in Washington was 70 mph! That was the fastest our van has gone in months!!! Chris commented on how he felt like he was going really fast. It used to be when we lived in the States, that going 65 wasn't fast enough and we would go up to 70, 75 or even 80 before we felt we were going at an acceptable speed, although still a little too slow for our liking. Here, where we live now, the fastest you can go on any main road is 55 mph, but more often than not, you drive slower than that because of traffic. But don't let that prevent any of you from coming to visit!! The mountains and the views make up for the slower driving. You'll get a chance to appreciate the scenery. I know I do. Besides, with Owen as precious cargo, I have no desire to put him at any risk.
Anyway... we went to Bellingham to exchange a microwave that I bought in the States prior to moving here. I bought it at Sears and even though we have Sears stores here in Canada, we can't return or exchange anything we bought from Sears in the States. It wasn't a bad drive at all. Bellingham is only about 45 minutes from home with minimal border traffic. And we got a beautiful peek at the Pacific Ocean.
We didn't do much else than walk around at the mall while we were there. But knowing that it wasn't too much of a drive, we'll probably end up there again. Owen had a chance to stretch his own legs. He enjoyed pushing his stroller around, enough that he objected when we picked him up to move faster. I don't blame him. He has a right to feel proud that he walked one whole mall wing almost all by himself! He's not yet walking without assistance, but he's working on it. He's determined!
Love to all of you. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Marisa
No comments:
Post a Comment