Sunday, September 10, 2006

We Finally Saw A...

I was stunned stupid this morning!! I was feeding Owen his breakfast when I saw the sight that just froze me on the spot. A black bear sauntering across my backyard!!! By the time I got it in me to take a photo... it was too late. I did have the time to run upstairs and wake Chris up so he could see for himself, and from high up, we could still see the bear. I could've taken a photo then, but the camera was downstairs!! By the time I had the camera in my hands, the bear was already 2 houses down and out of camera view, unless I stepped outside, which I did NOT do!! The bear was cute! A young one no doubt, but I saw it stand up in an effort to reach for some berries on a tree, and it was easily over 6 feet with its paws raised. It was an exciting morning!

Next time it happens (if it does), I'll try to be more on the ball about taking some photos.

Love,
Marisa

No comments: