Well... He did it! It was just a step and a half, but Owen did it all on his own today at the park! Technically, Saturday was the first time he took a step, according to Chris. But since I didn't see it then, it doesn't count!! When Owen got his fill of the swings, the slide and the teeter-totter,
we decided to let him move around on the grass. I stood him up and then carefully let go. He stood for the longest time without any support - a first for him as well. Chris cheered Owen on while I stood behind, ready to catch him should he fall. After thinking about it for a bit, he went for it. He landed one step and then fell halfway through the next. You should've seen his face. He was beaming with pride! Owen seemed to know that what he just did was another step towards independence. He was so proud of himself!!Overall, our weekend was nice. We accomplished a lot and managed to squeeze in a couple of guests at our house for dinner on Saturday night. It was good company, good food, and good wine.

Our next adventure: My mom and sister, Christine are flying in this coming Thursday! How awesome is that? It's been 5 months since I last saw my family and that's the longest I've ever gone without seeing them. I miss them so much. They'll be here for Owen's birthday, coming up on Oct. 5. But until their arrival, my main goal is to try and keep the house and my son clean!
Love,
Marisa
2 comments:
Yeah Owen!! Marisa just you wait, everything changes once they start walking. :)
Hi Marisa!!
I can't believe how big owen is getting!! He is adorable. Hope you guys are doing well...miss seeing you in Rochester!
Love,
Jenna
Post a Comment