Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Father's Day '07


The day started with Owen and I getting up really early to make breakfast for Daddy on his special day! French toast, scrambled eggs, fruit and juice woke Daddy right up! We ate in bed with Owen chatting away. Afterwards, Owen gave Daddy a present. If you recall an entry earlier in the blog about Owen playing a video game that Daddy rented from work called "Guitar Hero", that's what Daddy got! They both enjoyed playing that game so much that I thought it would be a good gift to give, and it was. Daddy was very happy with his gift!
The rest of the day we spent at home, the perfect thing to do on a cold, wet day. The day before we spent the day shopping for and buying Owen a new big boy bed. We also got some new (smaller) office furniture for ourselves because with Owen's new bed, it was simply too big for his room so we had to move him into the 2nd biggest of our three bedrooms and put our office and guestroom in his old room. That's what we did the rest of Sunday. We cleaned, assembled the new furniture and switched rooms. As I write this, we're still in the process of completing this project, but it's getting there and we can see the end of this. It's been hard work! I'll be glad when this is done and over with!
To all the other Dads I know... I hope you had a Happy Father's Day!
Love,
Marisa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a great father's day gift!!! breakfast in bed and a musical game instrutment to play with owen. one could not ask for better.

a belated happy father's day christopher.

hugs and kisses to all, elsie