Friday, March 07, 2008

Ana at 7 Months

My little girl is 7 months old. Can you believe that? I can't. It never ceases to amaze me how quickly children grow, which makes them even more precious. Owen and Ana mean the world and beyond to me. I am blessed with Owen and then to go through it a second time with Ana... you can't put a price on that. I try my best to record their milestones but all too often I get caught up in just being with them rather than trying hard to remember every detail. Then it struck me that it's not what I remember, but what my kids get out of it. Yes, they might want to know when they started sitting up, when they started crawling... details like that but at least they'll always know that I was/am there for them. That's what I remember and love the most about growing up with my parents. I don't remember details but I do remember them always being there for me.
These days Ana is sitting up unsupported. She still tips over though. She loves to smile and she has a beautiful laugh & giggle. It's a breathy laugh that makes me laugh whenever she does. She still only has her two bottom teeth she got at Christmas time. She's eating cereal and so far I've gotten her used to squash and peas. Everything else is a slow work in progress. She's sleeping through the night for 6 to 8 hour stretches! She likes to sleep with a stuffed lamb blanket that we originally got for Owen but he never got attached to it. She sleeps on her back with her head thrown way back to one side. She wakes up in the morning a very happy baby. She loves playing with her feet. She claps really well... with her feet, that is. She's a very vocal baby and if she turns out to be anything like Owen, who talks non-stop, I'm in trouble!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

happy 7 month birthday!!! hard to believe - time goes by too fast.

ana, you are soooooo beautiful and what a happy little girl you are. enjoy the love, laughter and limelight that is yours today and everyday. you are a treasure!!! :-)

thank you marisa for all the photos and entries into the blog. i so appreciate it. i love you dearly.

love you all, elsie/grandmama

xoxoxoxoxo