Saturday, March 15, 2008

Playtime, Bathtime & a Movie in Between

Finally some fun this weekend! After a week of fevers, vomiting, sniffling, runny & stuffy noses, coughing and 3 boxes of Kleenex, we're on the mend. It's such a relief because it's exhausting when your kids are sick and even more so when one or both parents are sick. Owen fell ill on Monday and I followed shortly afterwards. Owen had everything mentioned above while I just had a really bad cold. Fortunately Ana and Chris seem to have dodged this ball. Ana did have some congestion but thankfully it wasn't worse than that. She's also teething so it's kind of hard to say if she caught it from us or if she's just teething. She does have a little white spot on her upper gum which is an indicaton of another tooth coming through.



So, after being completely and utterly miserable and stuck indoors all week, Owen was himself today, which was a welcome sight. I'd rather put up with his incessant chatter and have him be happy and healthy than be sick and quiet the way he was this week. We played a lot today! He took all of his toys out and we built towers, bridges and fortresses, knocked 'em down and built them up again. We drew on a dry-erase board and read some books. After lunch, Owen went to see "Horton Hears a Who" at the movie theater with his Daddy. They got popcorn and drinks and made it 3/4 of the way through before Owen said he wanted to go home. I was told that Owen did laugh at bits here and there through the movie but most of it was over his head. But I think he enjoyed the experience... it was something new for him and plus, he got popcorn, which he loves. Meanwhile, I got to spend some quality time with Ana. We chatted with Grandmama and Aunt Liza via webcam. Then she was happy enough to play on her own, either on the floor or in her exersaucer while I cleaned! Yes... CLEANED!! For me to be able to do that is something of a miracle. It wasn't much, because it was just the kitchen I cleaned... I mopped the floor there as well as vacuumed the rug in the living room. Now, if only I could get to the piles and piles of laundry that either need washing, folding or putting away.



Then to top off the day... bathtime. I'm fortunate both my kids love to have baths. And now that Ana is sitting up pretty good these days, I feel more comfortable having her share a bath with her brother. They LOVE to splash around, so I got good and soaked, which Owen thought was funny. I'm so glad he's laughing again. I missed his laughter this past week!



Love, Marisa

p.s. Daddy usually puts Owen to bed and tonight was no different. After brushing his teeth, Owen gets a bedtime story or two. To follow along with today's movie, Chris read Owen the "Horton Hears a Who" book. And guess what? Owen fell asleep right at the part where earlier at the movies, he said he wanted to go home. Isn't that funny?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dearest owen, so glad to see that you (&mommy)are starting to feel better.

auntie liza and i loved visiting with you and mommy yesterday. it was good to see that familiar smile we all know and love so much.

owen, you had a very busy day yesterday...how grand. i know how much you love to be read to and you do have the best interactive/creative toys...so i can well imagine the fun you and mommy had together. your daddy used to love making forts out of blankets and sheets..the adventures were endless.

so...what did you think of the movie (horton hears a who)you saw with daddy? how funny that you
fell asleep right at the part where earlier at the movies, you wanted to go home...pretty funny ;)
my love, i am sooo glad you are laughing again and have the sparkle back in your eyes.

hello sweet ana, my how you are growing. you are sitting up like a big happy girl. i see you are doing more with your big brother...very sweet. i just want to kiss those cute cheeks.

we all enjoy seeing your beautiful smile and hearing the lovely sounds you are now making......auntie liza and i heard you say "dada" very impressive.

i love you all very dearly! thank you for the joy you bring into my heart and life.

love, grandmama

p.s. marisa and chris you are truly good parents who love their children so unconditionally.

Anonymous said...

It is good to hear that Owen is feeling better. It must be difficult to take care of a sick kid. How exciting he went to a movie! I love the fact that he loves popcorn, just like Aunt Sara! I miss the days of splashing around in the tub with some of my favorite bath toys. Nowadays I just barely have time for a quick shower before Sara and I are off to work. Oh well, I guess that's what happens when you grow up. A new tooth is also exciting! Before you know it she'll have a full set to show off with her cute smile. Glad things are going better now, hope you all enjoy your Easter.
Love,
Uncle John
Aunt Sara