
I had a very nice day with my husband and 2 beautiful children. I had only two criteria for Mother's Day. One - to sleep in and two - to not have to cook. That didn't exactly happen. At least I didn't have to cook today. Maybe I can work in a nap next weekend. Anyway - I had a nice day. It didn't start off smoothly since there's a lot of planning required just to get the

kids dressed up and looking decent before leaving the house on time to make a brunch reservation that Chris so thoughtfully made. And since we had to drive all the way downtown for that, we needed to leave an hour before our actual reservation. I got up at 8. Brunch was at 12. I was busy even after we all piled into the car. I didn't have time to put my make-up on before leaving the house so I ended up doing that while Chris drove. Whoever thought to put mirrors in the visors was a genius.


Brunch was nice. It wasn't healthy but it's not often we get to do this so we enjoyed it. We had crepes, french toast, eggs benedict, fruit, pastries, coffee, orange juice and even with all that, the only thing Owen ate and filled up on was chocolate pudding and whipped cream. What the hey... It's Mother's Day. Go crazy with the chocolate pudding, Owen! Can you imagine the clean-up we would've had to do had we attempted to make all that stuff at home?!?! After that, we took a stroll downtown, did some window shopping and went into a few stores and browsed. I guess Owen at some point, got bored and said he wanted to go to the park so we headed home, changed and then hit the playground at Rocky Point. It was a beautiful day.





No temper tantrums (except one that lasted about 5 minutes because Owen wanted to take Zoey for a walk with her leash inside the house and we wouldn't let him). Ana shared her love by giving me her cold which doesn't bother me too much since I know she's starting to feel better.

I like Mother's Day. It's the one holiday where I feel it's absolutely deserved! Birthdays are nice but I'm not the one that did all the work to bring me into this world. I have my mom (and dad... but mostly mom) to thank for that. Thank you Mom, for all that you've done. I know now it wasn't easy but I also know that your children and grandchildren are the greatest things to have happened to you. I know my children are to me.
To all the other moms in my life: I consider each and every one of you a role model. Friends or relatives - you've all contributed something to the mother I am to my children, and for that, I am forever appreciative. Thank you. Happy Mother's Day.
Love, Marisa
2 comments:
I Love these beautiful pictures!
What a great family day that you had. Thank you for sharing all of your family love with us. It is very special to watch and enjoy! Happy Mother's Day and Happy Every Day to all of you. You can feel the love right through the pictures!
Love, Mary Ann
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY...should be everyday!
BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL pictures. i am so proud to say this is my family.
it looks like all of you had an absolutely fun day. marisa, you deserve the best. you care so much about your little family..you show it in everything you do each day. i see the pride in your face.....and the love you all have for one another.
the children look so beaufiul. owen, grandpa realllllly loves choc. pudding too just like you ;-)
a million hugs and kisses!!
love to all, elsie/grandmama
Post a Comment