Thursday, May 01, 2008

A Happy Birthday Day

Today is my birthday. A year ago today I found out I was having a girl. Today I got to celebrate with my little girl and boy. Owen, Ana and I spent the afternoon at the Vancouver Aquarium and had a nice time. We watched the Beluga whale demonstration, got a close-up look at a Millipede, saw the otters grooming themselves, the Caimans napping, the lizard sunbathing, and Owen got an early start in sex education when he witnessed two turtles procreating.




Then after catching up with Chris, all of us went out for a nice dinner, but not before Chris gave me a beautiful boquet of flowers. Service was a little slow and I had hoped that we would have a birthday candle blow out over cupcakes at home, but it was getting late and the last thing we wanted was for Owen to get hopped up on sugar. We decided we would do that tomorrow and instead ordered some dessert, one of which came out blazing with a sparkler! Owen wasn't interested in the dessert, but he and Ana were completely enthralled with the sparkler while it lasted.
In all, it was a nice birthday, made nicer by the cards, gifts and well-wishes sent my way by friends and family. Thank you! I miss you all!

Love,
Marisa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday marisa!

can those two be any cuter?! i can't believe that ana can stand! i love the pic of the two of them together.

Heather said...

I love the pic's of the turtles. Too funny! I'm glad your birthday was fun with your kiddos. We'll have to chat soon!
Love, Heather