Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Magic Word

Since Monday the weather has been damp and wet outside. Going to the playground would mean everything is wet and muddy. If it were warmer outside, I wouldn't shy away from those conditions but right now, I really don't want my son to get wet and cold. After a few days of not going, he misses it and this morning was no exception.

"Mommy, I want to go to the playground," said Owen.
I replied, "Owen, I would love to take you to the playground but it's raining outside and that means everything would be wet, cold and muddy. I'm sorry, we can't go unless it dries up a little bit."
"I want to go to the playground, PLEASE. I said the magic word, Mommy. Can we go?"

Who am I to argue with that? Yes I have been teaching my son the art of being polite and I'm happy to see my efforts are paying off. We had a little mist this morning but since then it's been just a little damp and the sun has made a few appearances. He doesn't know it yet but as soon as Ana wakes up from her nap, guess where we're going?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

owen is so smart! the 'magical word' -- how adorable!

Anonymous said...

owen, love those "magic words" --
you are a cutie for sure.


love you more than all the stars in the sky, grandmama

sending you an express delivery of hugs and kisses ;-)