
It was so nice to be able to see my mom & sister! I really enjoyed having them around and to be able to show them around was fun. We did a lot, but we didn't see everything. Those places I didn't take them to will have to wait for the next visit.
Owen really took to Grandma M. It didn't take him long to have a preference for his grandmother over his own mom. I admit... I did get jealous, but I still loved that he wasn't shy around her.
Aunt Christine really showered him with kisses! Those of you who know her, know how she can be around children!
They were here to celebrate Owen's 1st birthday. It was really nice to have them around for that. Owen really deserved to have a big party with all our friends and family around... that is, after all, what I would've wanted for him. That's why having my mom & sister around to celebrate this occasion, made it all the more special.
After they left, the first few days were hard for me. Mostly because I knew I'd miss them all over again, but in part due to the fact that my mom was a HUGE help during her stay. I got accustomed to that pretty quickly at the start of their stay. And also in part because both Owen and I fell victim to a cold. As I write this... we're just fine now!!
Love,
Marisa
No comments:
Post a Comment