Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Owen is WALKING!!! Oct. 10, 2006

A year and five days to the date he was born, Owen finally walked on his own today!!! Grandma M, Aunt Christine, Chris and I were all hanging around the kitchen at dinnertime when Owen got it in himself to walk clear across the kitchen floor! I guess he got tired of waiting for me to hold his hands and walk him around, which is all he wanted to do for most of the afternoon and early evening. Anyway... I'm kicking myself for not remembering the camera. I was too busy crying. By the time I did remember to take photos, all I got was Owen's backside.

Chris and I can't believe he's walking. Chris said it was as if all of a sudden, a switch just went on in him. It looked as if he'd been walking for a while. As the night progressed, Owen quickly got better and better at it. I'm so amazed!

Love,
Marisa

1 comment:

Heather said...

YEAH Owen! Good luck Marisa and Chris! I suggest a harness for walks. We got one that is a backpack/stuffed animal that Thomas wears that has a leash. SO helpful. Especially when you have a sprinter.