Friday, October 20, 2006

Those Cute Curls... Gone


On Oct. 18th Owen got his first haircut. I wanted to keep the soft curls at the back of his head intact, but it became obvious as the stylist cut his hair, that it wasn't looking right. So I gave her the go-ahead to trim it all. It was so hard to watch. If I hadn't been busy taking photos, I think I would've cried.

Owen handled the experience quite well! Chris and I are proud of him. There was a Blue's Clues tape for him to watch as well as several toys he could get his hands on. He sat in a chair that had a steering wheel attached to it. At first, he was curious as to what was going on around his head, but after a while he got used to it. He didn't get used to the electric razor the stylist used to trim around his ears and neck. It tickled him and he reacted to that with a scrunched up face and shoulders.

Then... as the stylist took one last snip, Owen suddenly turned his head, causing the stylist to cut hair she didn't intend to cut. Now, he's got a bit of a bald spot on the side of his head near his temple. Doesn't matter. He's still adorable.

Still cute, yes, but Owen looks DIFFERENT with his new hairstyle! He looks more like a little boy than a baby, which makes me a little sad. He's very handsome.

I miss running my fingers through his hair!

Love,
Marisa

1 comment:

Heather said...

He does look so grown up. Thomas still doesn't have enough hair TO cut!