I love Thai food. I was looking forward to going out to dinner with Chris and Owen at this Thai food restaurant that was listed as a recommended place to eat in the local paper. It's called Go Thai in a town called New Westminster, and was said to be extremely affordable for good food.
Don't go there.
To me, Friday the 13th is just another day, no big deal. But from the time we walked into the restaurant till the time we walked out, it was just bad. We never got a menu, first off. I noticed others were being handed their menus by the wait staff. Not us. So I went up and got one myself. One. I asked for two but was told by the waitress that she needed it. Chris and I quickly decided what we wanted, but it ended up being a long wait until we could tell our waitress what we wanted. She asked me what I wanted to drink, but not Chris. Then, it was another long wait until we got only 1 of 2 appetizers we ordered. The 2nd appetizer came a long, long while after the first but not before the waitress forgot it was ours, after going to every single table in the place only to be told it wasn't theirs. They never came to our table, apparently having forgotten us. Chris noticed this whole fiasco and I went up to the counter to tell them it was ours, but quickly regretted my decision to do so because our server, one of the chefs and someone else were arguing over where this appetizer was supposed to go. We had already been there for over an hour by then and Owen was getting antsy. I thought, maybe we should just leave, but we were hungry and wanted Thai food. And then get this... IT HAPPENED AGAIN!!! The 2nd of the two main dishes we ordered also made a trip to every table at the restaurant only to be told it wasn't theirs. Chris realized it was ours when it was delivered to a table next to us and the server, upon being told no one at that table ordered that dish, tried to convince them to just accept the dish! Despite our trying to get the attention of the server and telling the people at the table next to us that it was ours, we ordered it, the server wouldn't take our word. What was it about us?? I mean, did we have signs on us that said "Treat Us Like Crap" or something along those lines? Not only that, but we didn't get our rice or our 2nd main dish, nor did anyone come around to refill the water in our glasses. I didn't care. That was it. I went right up to the counter and demanded a check only for the dishes we ate, paid cash and walked out.
Then we went straight home and locked our doors, but not before being cut off by some just plain bad, crazy drivers.
Was this Friday the 13th bad luck? You tell me.
1 comment:
Sounds like an awful experience to me. They're lucky you even paid for the food they bothered to serve you... I don't know if we would have even paid!
Post a Comment