No, not Ham. Hand. We dyed eggs today. I actually wanted to do that yesterday on Easter, but the way the day worked out, we just ran out of time. I didn't have white vinegar for the dyeing process and had to go to the store for that.
Well... after taking just about every precaution, Owen managed to get dye just about everywhere, including his clothes, even though he was wearing a smock. I figured out why on the egg coloring box, it says for ages 3 and up. Anyway, I was able to get it off everything but his clothes, and him. He preferred to dunk his left hand along with the egg in the dye solution and the end result was a very green egg and an even greener hand. We did other colors, and even though Owen dipped his hand in pink, and blue, and orange, his hand stayed green.
He'll be glad to know the fun doesn't end there. It's a good thing he loves bathtime!
1 comment:
You were much braver than we were. I didn't let Thomas put his hands in the dye. However the gleeful scream as he dropped the eggs in the dye was priceless!
Post a Comment