Owen had a busy week. Wednesday Owen and I went to the Aquarium with a friend and her three kids. Owen had a great time! He loves the fish and the entire time we were there, he did the sign for fish. A lot of people thought he was saying "Hello" to them. It was really cute. For a while that we were there, he was completely quiet, but enthralled. Then when we got to the play area, that's when those vocal pipes burst. We had lunch with the Beluga whales and afterwards explored the outdoor exhibits. On the way home, we drove through Stanley Park and I got to see the utter devastation that was the result of December's storms. Most of the damage was done to a particular section of the park, and while it's only a relatively small section of the park, the damage was huge. I could not believe the amount of downed trees, the openess of what was once dense, beautifully claustrophobic forest.
Thursday and Friday were nice days. Owen and I spent a lot of time outside. We took his tricycle outside, put on his helmet and had a go at a little bike riding, but he was more interested in running around, exploring on his own two feet. We broke out the bubbles and played with the dog. On Friday, Chris had a holiday day off from work, so we went to Rocky Point Park and the playground. It was packed. It wasn't a surprise... with mid 70 degree weather and sun, everyone was out.
Saturday, the day before Easter, we decided to go to Vancouver's Science Museum where they had an easter egg hunt. We had to find 3 different colored easter eggs and then we could turn them in for a prize of some sort. Sadly, it was so incredibly crowded there that Chris only found one egg the entire time we were there. No matter though... Owen took off running and just kept on going through one exhibit to the other. The museum is very hands-on with fun displays of water, gravity, air, mirrors, sound, light and a whole lot more. Afterwards we went on a little light shopping trip to Granville Island to pick up some wine and dessert before heading to a friend's house for dinner.
The little man was worn out!
Today is Easter Sunday, and for us, very low key. It is a day of rest. It's almost noon and I'm still in my pajamas. We're going to color easter eggs after Owen's nap, but first I need to buy vinegar! I knew I had vinegar, but the wrong kind. Oh well. There's a quick trip to the grocery store in the works for today as well.
Happy Easter to all of you. We miss you very much!!
Love,
Marisa
(and Chris & Owen)
1 comment:
wow! sounds like you've been very busy!! i got tired just reading about it!
Happy easter!
How are you feeling?
Post a Comment