Sunday, April 15, 2007

The Hardest Thing I've Ever Done

Okay... It worked. It took months and months and months, but it worked even though I hated it. There's something wrong about letting your baby cry it out at night, but there's also something to be said for it because after months of being persistent, consistent and crying tears of my own, Owen is finally sleeping through the night and going to bed without complaining much.

Once in a while he wakes up in the middle of the night... maybe he had a nightmare or a sopping wet diaper which not only requires a change of clothes, but a change of bedsheets. And when those things happen, he usually comes to bed with us.

And then, there's one of my favorite times of day... When Owen wakes up in the morning, I'll go and get him, change him and then bring him back into bed with me. He LOVES this cuddle time! So do I. Since he usually wakes up at around 8 or 8:30 a.m., he doesn't usually go back to sleep when he gets into our bed. After about a half hour of this, he's ready to start the day with a bowl of Cheerios and some fruit.

As I write this... it's 9:30 p.m., Owen's in bed. He's not sleeping, but he's not crying. He is however saying, "Dada, Mama, ummm... HEY!"

Love,
Marisa

1 comment:

Heather said...

Yeah you! I know how hard that is. Have you tried Huggies Over NIght diapers? Those have saved us plenty of leaky nights. They are FANTASTIC!