Thursday, April 17, 2008

Feeling Better

Owen has been sick the last few days. It seems to me that it wasn't long ago when he got sick before this recent bout. It was early in March when he came down with a tummy bug and spent two days and then some, throwing up. He got it again, only this time he had no fever and it only lasted a day. But boy... I think he threw up more this 2nd time around than he did the last time! The finale, which happened just before his bedtime, was especially explosive! Let me just say that the bowl I had for him to throw up in, overflowed and he really blew chunks all over my kitchen wall, the floor, himself and... Ugh... me. We had to take showers before bed. I apologize for being graphic, but that's how it went! However disgusting it was... it paled in comparison to how badly I felt for my son. He hated it when he got sick. He got scared and clingy just before it happened. Fortunately I learned to read the signs of oncoming vomit and managed to quickly move him where clean-up would be easiest. I didn't sleep well at all for two nights. Owen didn't want to sleep alone so we let him sleep in ours and I was so paranoid that he would get sick in our bed. He did, but nothing so bad that we had to change the sheets in the middle of the night.

Anyway... If you've made it this far without getting sick yourselves, I congratulate you! Thanks for having the guts to stick around!

Feeling much better, today Owen was practically bouncing off the walls. He really wanted to go outside and so did I, but Ana had other plans. She took a fantastic 2 hour nap and poor Owen had to wait until she woke up before we could go anywhere. "Let's go out! Hurry up! Let's go, Mommy! I want to go outside!" was all I heard for a while. It started out wet, overcast and cold. The cold stuck around but It cleared up which was nice. I had to run a few errands and decided that we would drive down to the library and park the car there and then have ourselves a nice walk to the library, town hall, across the street to the village, then to the grocery store and back and finally... the playground. It wasn't a big walk for me at all, but it was for Owen since he walked the entire time and he's such a little guy! He was so happy to finally get to the playground and I have photos to prove it. And... we can't forget Ana. She was happy, comfortable and awake in her stroller the entire time.

Owen is so happy to be out of the confines of the house... and into another?

He's really high up! The highest point of the handlebar is about 5.5 feet off the ground. I was scared to stand far enough away to take a photo! Owen can go up on this all by himself.

This is the face of a kid who's happy to be feeling better!

Ana has 4 teeth (two top, two bottom) but with this photo, you'd never know

Owen is experimenting with different slide techniques

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love the smiles! ana is so cute -- she looks like a little bunny. i'm glad owen wasn't sick for long. poor guy -- puking is miserable.

marisa -- keep the pics coming! i love checking the blog!

love you!
liza

Anonymous said...

love the pictures. owen you certainly look like you are having fun....especially after being so sick...it must feel good to be out and about.

ana, you look so adorable. love you in the purple hat.

i agree with liza,please keep the pictures coming....we love viewing them and reading your wonderful comments.

love you lots, grandmama/elsie

a million sunshine kisses ;-)