Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Many Thanks

This past Easter it wasn't just the Easter Bunny that left gifts behind for Owen and Ana. We also found treasures in the mail from our families and friends in New York and Vermont. I would like to take a moment to thank everyone for thinking of us and my children.
To my Mom & Dad: Thank you so much for your gifts for Owen and Ana and we miss you very much too. We are also looking forward to seeing you this summer and it can't come quick enough! Whenever we chat with you, it becomes the highlight of our day. Sometimes I ask Owen what he would like to do for the day and more than I have fingers on my hands, Owen has said, "Let's go to Grandma & Grandpa's house."
To Rick & Elsie: No matter the distance, my kids will grow up knowing you love them. You are enriching their lives with the gift of books and with the turn of each page, comes forth imagination. I see that in Owen more and more every day and I look forward to when Ana shares her world with me. Many thanks for the many books and of course, the outfits.
To my Aunt Fannie, my Auntie Sisters Cora Marie, Ann Regina & Concetta: We are blessed to be in your thoughts. Thank you for making the distance seem less with your cards, the notes that came in them and the gifts for Owen & Ana. I know it takes effort to bridge the gap between us, but I do look forward to finding unexpected news from home.
To Mary Ann & Donna: Elsie is so lucky to have friends like the two of you. You've done this before and you did it again! We've never met and it still amazes me that you've given my children some wonderful gifts. We will cherish the books you sent our way. Thank you!
To My Neighbor, Joanne: Thank you so much for the beautiful flowers I found so unexpectedly at my back door. I appreciate the warmth and smiles you have for us and just like you do when we see you, the flowers will brighten our doorstep.
Love, Marisa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are the ones who are so lucky to have such a wonderful and special friend as Elsie! She is always happy and positive. She is a ray of sunshine and delight to all of us at Mary Hogan School.
I must share with you that she sparkles every day as she speaks about your sweet little family. She loves each of you very, very much. Chris and Marisa, Elsie/Mom tells us all what amazing parents you are. She cannot say enough loving things about Owen and Ana. Just one of the many, many reasons that we all adore Elsie!

Anonymous said...

i am delighted that owen enjoys the books we have mailed your way. before you know it - owen will be reading to our sweet ana.

marisa, thank you for your kind words. i love and miss everyone of you.

love you lots,elsie/grandmama

p.s. how lucky am i to have such dear friends. like i have said before - good friends are the rare jewels of life - difficult to find and impossible to replace. thank you for your kind and generous words mary ann ;-)