
Yesterday we went to Capilano and then to Grouse Mountain with friends of friends. Yeen-Shi, Ray, and their daughter Chloe who live in LA are in Vancouver for the summer. We got together with them, did some sightseeing and had a wonderful time. First stop: Capilano Suspension Bridge. After we completed the Treetops Adventure, we sat down to rest and snack. As we did that, a crowd of asian tourists (mostly young women) came by and swarmed Owen, giving him food, candy and kisses and wanting their picture taken with him. It was the funniest thing, for Owen, while he did like the attention, he looked like a deer in the headlights. For me, it was strange in a funny way and then later after it had all subsided I worried that someone might try to kidnap him or something. No worries about that were necessary but the closest he came to danger is when he almost fell in the water. I mean... he ALMOST fell in the water. He was within inches! He jumped off a bench and did a roll that ended dangerously, half on the floor and the other half of his body dangling over the pond. I don't know what I would've done if he had actually fallen in! I didn't bring extra clothes along but no doubt we would've ended up spending a fortune at the gift shop. Ana enjoyed herself too. We put her in the backpack but then after a while we took her out and she just loved touching the leaves, trees, bark and flowers... whatever she could get her hands on. Every new texture she touched, she smiled. I got a workout carrying her in my arms for most of the time.
After Capilano we all decided to drive up to Grouse Mountain which was just down the road. We took the gondola up to the top, watched a lumberjack show and tried to catch a glimpse of the bears at the bear sanctuary. We saw the back on one curled up in an afternoon snooze but it was hard to tell it apart from it's surroundings.
It was a good Saturday. The kids were good, for the most part. Owen preferred to hold onto Chloe, Ray or Yeen-Shi's hands than mine or Chris'. We enjoyed meeting them and hope that we'll be able to get together again before they head back to LA.
Our little hiker with his own backpack and hiking stick
Chloe & Ray

A hop, stick & a jump
Chloe & Owen
Ana and I with the Indians


Chloe, Ana & Owen

Chloe & Owen on the way up Grouse Mountain

1 comment:
How cute! Love all the trees
Post a Comment