Owen loves robots. So naturally, I keep on the lookout for things to support his interest. The other day he saw a lunchbox with a particular Transformer character that he likes, Bumblebee. It was on sale so I got it for him. We saw t-shirts as well with Transformers on them but they looked mean & scary. At least to me they did. I'm not crazy about the idea of myself, or my children for that matter, being walking billboards, so I've always shied away from clothes that advertise brand names or TV/movie/cartoon characters. However, I do make small exceptions sometimes - hence the Transformer lunchbox. I've tried to look for clothing options that are not brand specific but within Owen's interest and so far, I've only seen one tshirt out there with a robot graphic on it and guess what? The itty bitty little t-shirt in 5T was $35!! Oh, I know he'd get a LOT of use out of it but at the same time, I could've bought Owen a Transformer t-shirt for $8. So... what do I do? I put my college degree to some use, sketched up a robot, photoshopped some stuff in there, printed it on t-shirt transfer paper, ironed it on a $3 shirt and... voila!
It was fun.
3 comments:
great job, marisa!!!! i can just imagine owen's excitement realizing how much he loves robots.
owen also makes a great model.
love you all lots, elsie/grandmama
I love the shirt! Great work Mom. You could start up your own at home business and sell the shirts on etsy!
How creative! Owen looks sov ery proud! Kudos, Mom!
HUgs from Vermont,
Donna
Post a Comment