
July 31st was Ana's 2nd birthday! I am beside myself. She's growing so fast and yet I still sometimes treat her like a baby and sometimes she protests! Every time I come across a baby or even hold one, I'm always a little shocked because I realize that Owen and Ana are no longer that little. It makes me sad. Don't get me wrong here... I don't miss those sleepless nights and I look forward to when diapers are no longer a word on my shopping list. There's something about babies and very young children that I miss.
Ana - my favorite little girl in the whole wide world is a fast growing, opinionated, independent and beautiful inside and out. She's so affectionate and yet she can be irritatingly stubborn! She tells me what she wants to wear and how she wants her hair done. And in the last couple of weeks, she's come around to saying, "Mommy, I love you."
Ana, I love you too!
She knows what it's like to be loved. Both my kids do. We've covered the most important job of parenting right there and I'm proud of it!
The night before Ana's birthday, I stayed up late, despite my horrible cold (sore throat, stuffy & runny nose, headache and all that), to decorate the downstairs with balloons and streamers. It was a HOT week prior and along with my cold, I really couldn't do much more than that. Baking a cake was out of the question. Fortunately in the weeks leading up to her birthday, whenever I asked Ana what kind of cake she wanted, vanilla, ice cream or chocolate cake, she always said she wanted ice cream cake. That's what we got her.
On her birthday, and in all my stuffed-up glory, we went shopping. Ana got a cute dress I found as well as a Little People dollhouse. We ate out at a Mexican restaurant where the food is delicious. I'm not a Mexican food fan but this place... I know I will crave it at some point! Ana dug in and enjoyed the nachos, rice and chicken quesadillas. After that came the ice cream cake at home and presents.
It was a nice, quiet birthday. I only wish we had family nearby to celebrate with but I know they were there in thought! To those loved ones who sent Ana gifts - Thank you!!















No comments:
Post a Comment