Wednesday, August 05, 2009

July 2009 - the Month in Photos

I painted Ana's fingernails and toenails for the first time. Fuchsia Fire by Maybelline.  She loved it and it looked so cute!!
Some pre-bedtime fun. Owen and Ana burned off some energy by jumping off the toy chest and onto some pillows. They laughed and did this over and over again for at least a half hour! This one is a mid-air shot. It doesn't look like it but all four feet are touching nothing but air.
Golden Spike Days - the bouncy castle. This is a festival held every summer in Port Moody where we live. It's set up at Rocky Point Park.
Golden Spike Days - the tiniest horse we've ever seen
Golden Spike Days - baby pigs
Golden Spike Days
Golden Spike Days - a little ride
Little Tough Guy showing off his tattoo
Golden Spike Days - Pony rides
Golden Spike Days
The above photo was taken on one of the scariest, most terrifying nights of my life. Seriously. Here's what went down: I was in my room watching a movie on my laptop. When that was over, I went to check in on the kids. Ana was sleeping soundly in her bed but Owen wasn't in his. I thought it odd that he wasn't in bed considering how late it was. I thought, maybe he went downstairs to sleep on the couch but first I checked the office to see if he was perhaps in there with Chris. He wasn't. He wasn't downstairs either, nor in any of the bathrooms. At this point I'm horrifyingly bewildered. Panicked, I mention this to Chris and he too, joins in on the search. We searched every room but ours thinking that he wasn't in there because I just was and if he came into my room he would let me know and/or crawl into bed with me. Owen knows how to open the back patio door but that was shut and locked. The door to the garage and the front door have childproof knob covers that, even now, Owen is unable to open, but both doors were unlocked. That the front door was unlocked gave me the worst, sickening feeling - ever. I had taken Zoey out for a walk earlier that evening and forgot to lock it after returning. I'm crying at this point and then Chris beckons me from upstairs, guides me into our bedroom and points to the foot of our bed. There's Owen, sound asleep on the dog's bed! Ohhh... My... God!!! 
This gigantic, painted tire was at a nearby park we visited. Owen climbed all the way up by himself.
Ana's first visit to the dentist. She did so well and her teeth are great!
Owen is an old pro by now. His teeth are also healthy.
Owen and Ana are enjoying the water & swimming at Buntzen Lake. I went out the next day and bought floaties for them because I had a hard time keeping them out as well as keeping them close to shore!
Ana tuckered out after a birthday party Owen attended.
Ana has the sun, her shades and an ice cream cone. She's all set!
We had to take Ana's photo for her American passport. This was one of many - a classic Ana face, but not the one we used for her passport. On July 17th, we went to the American Consulate to obtain a Report of Birth Abroad, a social security card and a passport for Ana.
Owen wanted to pose too

The photos you see from here on were taken while Chris' Aunt Marilynne visited and stayed with us. She took a 2 week land and cruise tour of Alaska and her last stop was in Vancouver. She stayed with us just under a week and we had a wonderful time with her. This was her first time meeting the children and we did a lot of things. We took her to Granville Island, Chinatown, Capilano, Vancouver Island, Victoria, Butchart Gardens, the art gallery and so forth. 
Hitching a ride on Daddy at Granville Island

Daddy & Ana sneaking a kiss... That should be Mommy in there instead!
We took a tour on a water taxi. Kids loved it.

Sitting by the pond at the Dr. Sun Yat Sen garden in Chinatown



Taking a break at Capilano's Treetops



Painted Tongue
The Frog Fountain in the rose garden at Butchart Gardens


Across the pond on stepping stones - Butchart Gardens

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! what beautiful active lives you all have.

how lovely that aunt marilynn got to visit and meet owen and ana for the first time....hopefully this will be one of many visits. aunt marilynn is a lovely lady.

love, love, love the photos. thank you for sharing as always.

love you lots, elsie